Our curriculum is developed around the latest developmental research
Our programs are designed to meet the needs of both children and families through specific goals and objectives. We focus on building off of the strengths of each child, taking advantage of every teachable moment.
6 weeks-12 months
West Cobb Prep believes that babies are born learning. Research tells us that the first three years of life are very important for building a young child's brain. Over the first year of life, the brain more than doubles its size. By the age of three, a child's brain is twice as active as an adult's brain. During this time the brain is preparing the groundwork for a lifetime of learning and future school success.
Our Research-based curriculum takes advantage of this crucial moment period to provide a stimulating and warm responsive environment, introducing babies to Language acquisition, and social and emotional interaction. We incorporate developmentally appropriate activities...
· Separate classrooms for children ages 6 weeks to 6 months and 7 months to 12 months
· Individual lesson plans promote physical development, sensory, cognitive development, language development, and social/emotional development.
· Communication through sign language
· Music and Literacy Programs daily
· Stable and knowledgeable teachers
· Separate areas for sleep and play
· Hallway sinks and shoe covers promote good health/hygiene practices
· Sheets are changed daily
· Older children are not allowed in the room
· A changing table is sanitized using a 3 step process after each child.
· Upon closing the center is sanitized daily.
· Daily information sheets and app is used to ensure you know everything that is happening with your infant.
· Early Language Development Program
· Language Development
· Little ones will be immersed in a language-rich environment essential for developing both receptive and expressive language skills. Our highly researched curriculum includes high-interest books, stories, songs, poems, and chants that will amuse and delight toddlers. Vocabulary words are introduced and reinforced weekly through activity integration, colorful photo cards, and sign language to support all learning styles.
· Cognitive Development
· we offer activities that support cause-and-effect relationships and problem solving to develop foundational skills for lifelong learning.
· Physical Development
· We provide toddlers with fun physical challenges, action songs, and games that will build coordination, balance, and muscle strength.
· Social-Emotional Development
· Toddlers will build confidence, learn impulse control, and develop social skills while caregivers build trusting relationships with children through one-on-one, partner, and small-group interactions.
· Differentiated Instruction
· We offer opportunities to meet the needs of all learners by offering “Adaptations” for less mature or developmentally delayed learners and more challenging activities for advanced or m learners.
West Cobb provides a nurturing environment and meaningful relationships to support children's learning. In this age group they acquire the following skills through the Frog Street Curriculum:
Formal introduction to the alphabet
Writing and fine motor skills through Handwriting Without Tears
Following through on commitments
Logical reasoning & problem solving
The concept of 'centers' is explored including dramatic play, manipulatives, blocks, gross motor, library, music, art, and science
Engaging Circle Time
Foreign Language begins at this age
The phonics program is introduced using the Zoo Phonics Curriculum.
Our Curriculum is based on a thematic approach, and academically challenging but has the flexibility of meeting the child's needs. Our staff works together with parents to instill a sense of self-worth and self-confidence in each child. Our classroom is equipped with different centers to promote learning through play.
The additional literacy program is introduced
Daily computer lessons including ABC Mouse, coding, and general use.
Children are encouraged to investigate, make decisions, and develop problem-solving skills. Our curriculum comprises the following
Phonics program daily through Zoo Phonics
Everyday Mathematics introduces concepts of counting, weight, pattern recognition, sorting, and attributes.
STEM lessons weekly based on the theme.
Expression through art
Language development and literacy lessons are paired weekly with relevant stories.
Writing lessons through Handwriting Without Tears
Country of the month program to showcase a new country every month and promote a healthy worldview.
Etiquette program and monthly character trait thematic lessons.
Pre-K through First Grade
(Late Birthdates up until November 1)
Structured Academic Program
Community Awareness Program
Part or Full Day Options
Individual workbooks and books for all subjects
Standardized Testing twice each year
Small class size
Monthly Etiquette class, Daily Mandarin & Weekly Spanish class
Field Trips to enhance the academy
Classes are taught one grade above level
School Age -12 Years Old
Life-sized chessboard and miniature golf course
Field Trips and In-House Field Trips
Academic Morning Program in summer
Available for summer and holiday breaks
Available per day/week
Transportation provided from local elementary schools to our after-school program
Nutritious snacks are provided upon arrival at the after-school program
May participate in four of the six enrichment programs
Late hours enable a stress-free commute
Structured After-school environment complete with time for homework, lesson, outside time, centers, and game
Here at West Cobb Prep we are happy to provide a number of well rounding extra curricular activities to advance student growth:
Kindergarten and Older
Chess is a game that teaches discipline, problem solving skills, strategy, and critical thinking. Research has shown that it is also a great way to exercise the brain. Our chess coaches go above and beyond in teaching our students how to play and succeed in the world of chess.
Ages 2 and Up
PLAYBALL incorporates the development of life skills along side sport skills. With the use of positive coaching methods to develop life skills like independence, self-confidence, courage, discipline, concentration and listening skills, good sportsmanship, responsibility and social interaction.